Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Baby Drew

I have done a terrible job with posting this past week, but it has been because I don't know what to write. To put into words what has gone on in the past week with my sister and her family is impossible, and to ignore it and write about anything else just seems wrong. When death hits your family, everything else in this life seems so trivial. My sister, Melanie, who is also my very best friend, and her husband, Jeff, lost their precious baby boy this past week. Melanie was 32 weeks pregnant with baby Andrew when he passed away. He was stillborn on August 6th. Baby Drew was beautiful. He looked perfect and just like his brothers. He is a Robinson for sure.

One verse that has been of comfort to us all is Matt 6:21--"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." We have realized that this verse is not just talking about money. We have learned as a family who has suffered great loss through the death of our father and now baby drew that with each loss here on this earth, our treasure in heaven increases. Baby Drew and my father are great treasures to this family---and our hearts are with them. The more loss we have here on this earth, the more our hearts our fixed on heaven and eternity.

Jeff and Mel, we love you guys. We hurt and grieve with you daily. We miss you. We miss baby Drew. We long for the day when we will see your precious baby fill your arms again.

Thank you to all of you who have kept Jeff and Melanie and the rest of our family in your prayers. I know and believe that in time God will do a great work of healing in their lives.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

I don't even know what to say except that I am so, so , so very sorry. My heart just breaks for Jeff and Melanie right now. Please let them know that they are in our thoughts and prayers as they walk through this season of grief!
Blessings and hugs to you my friend!

Kristin said...

Holly ~

I'm so sorry for the loss of Baby Drew. I had no idea and my heart is breaking for the Robinson's and the rest of your family.

I'm sending my love to Melanie and everyone else in your sweet, sweet family.

Know that my prayers are with all of you.

Anonymous said...

Holly,
My heart just breaks for you,your sister & her husband. I too have no words except to tell you both (you all) that your family here, loved you, we're here for you & we are praying for your sister, her husband & you. Nothing is more of a loss than a child.
God bless you all & we're praying for strength for you & your family
Renee

Renee said...

One more thing....you were wonderful tonight, I really needed to hear your words....

Jess said...

oh, no, holly. i am so, so sorry. for melanie and jeff...oh gosh. i feel so sad for you, too - because i know how excruciating it must be for you right now to be so far from them. i will pray for you right now.

love you.

jess

Faith said...

Oh, Holly. There are no words to say that can help ease the pain. I am so sorry, my heart is breaking for you all. I am so sad for the hurt that you are all feeling, and I pray that the Lord would ease it somehow. Praying for your family continually.
Love and hugs, Faith

Anonymous said...

Holly,
What a beautiful post honoring Baby Drew. I can not even begin to imagine the pain and grief your family must be feeling! Please know that we are praying for you all!

We love and miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

my heart aches for you and your family. words are few and far between...please know that we love you dearly and are praying for you feverishly...