Thank you all for your prayers for my sanity; and at least I have been able to humor you as I am gasping for air while I tread water to keep from drowning in this crazy moving chaos....BUT..... drum roll, please...WE ARE SETTLED IN THE NEW HOUSE, and I even have a few pictures on the walls. WOO HOO!! Actually, it looks pretty good inside, except for a few random boxes. Now the garage is another story. Every time Chris has to go out to the garage, he says,"Pray for me; I'm going in."
I don't know if it has been the move or what, but my boys are sooo clumsy (if they were girls, I would tell you it must be that time of month for them...but they're not, so I just have to chalk it up to pure clumsiness!) They have broken so many things in the past week. I have to keep telling myself, "They're just things."
Here's the top 8 things we have broken in the last 8 days:
- My camera
- Chris 6-disc CD player in his car...(I know this isn't a big deal to some people...but we are not techies, so when the only tech things you have in your house are a 10-year old TV with a VHS, a $19.99 CD player, and a $16 Walmart black friday special DVD player, your 6 disc CD player in your car is like your state of the art Bose speakers (just kidding...I have no clue if those are expensive or cool, but you get my point...it hurt Chris)
- Jack's new CARS scooter
- My over sized black vase with hand painted wooden Hawaiian flowers (OK...this was the one that hurt me the most. Chris is giving me a hard time for whining about it, because I bought it at a yard sale. But that is no reason for it not to hurt...the lady swore to me that it was straight from Hawaii and hand painted and she paid mega-bucks for it. Chris swears he's seen it at Wal-mart.
- The only other vase I owned---this one was pretty too.
- The door to my armoire that holds our 10-year old TV with the VHS player. Now there is no hiding that we are completely old school...Well it had 2 doors in the front and only one broke, so we I guess we can half hide it. I take that back, Chris says we can't hide it because nobody else has an armoire anymore. He says you all have flatscreens that hang on the wall. I just can't figure how you would put bunny ears on top of that :)
- Chris' knee. I don't know if it is necessarily broken, but he is limping and whining like it is. The armoire door fell on it....
- Garbage disposal. This one really hurts me too, but it'll be fixed tomorrow.
OK, Panera is closing so I have no time to do a spell/grammar check...Sorry!!