I have an on-again, off-again relationship with this blog...makes me feel like I am in the middle of high school boyfriend drama again.
I refuse to deny the inevitable any longer; I am going to take an official blogging break. I know, I know, I have taken one for the past few weeks, but I have felt bad about it because I just stopped without saying anything...rude, I know.
One thing you should know about me: I am a messed up person. I have a lot of areas of my life that are just plain messy. I have a few specific things I know the Lord is asking me to crack down on, be obedient, do the hard work, trust Him, and overcome once and for all. That being said...Hard work takes time. And every time I add something routine to my life, something else has to give, and in this case, it is my blog. I am going to take a break for a month. But I plan to be back in full swing in July.
I feel weird blogging about taking a break...as if I have tons of readers or am some super important person that has to explain to the world why she is not going to be writing down her embarrassing moments, thoughts, frustrations, and laughs any more...but I do feel like I owe you a reason, mom. :)
Thursday, May 7, 2009
As Mother's Day quickly approaches, I've found myself pinpointing times this week when I appreciate my mom the most:
- When I am packing the kids' lunches for school..."Man, my mom did this for years and years for 5 kids....and she still fixes my lunch when I visit."
- When I am cleaning toilets and scrubbing floors after a family bout with the stomach bug...again, "Wow...Mom did this for a family of 7 many, many times. Dear Jesus, bless her today for the many times she did that for us."
- When I am lying in my kids' bed with them before bedtime and having conversations about life, God, and bad guys...."I miss the nights we used to lay at the end of mom and dad's bed and talk for hours as we delayed washing our faces and brushing our teeth...I learned so much from my mom about life, God....and come to think of it--about bad boys too :) at the end of that bed."
- When I get up at the crack of dawn on Sundays to get myself and the gang ready for church..."I am glad 2 of our 3 are boys, and we are in a jeans-wearing church...it makes for very few dresses to iron, tights to put on, and hair bows to wrestle with. I can't believe mom did this every week for 4 girls and 1 boy, and she even insisted that we wear ironed dresses and hair bows. She had to have been on some kind of energy supplements :)."
- When I get the honor of seeing my kids' faces light up as they excitedly explain to me the cool things that Jesus did when He lived here or when they can't wait to see another kid "say" they are on Jesus' team (referring to being baptized)..."God, I thank you for the incredible privilege of being raised in a God-centered home...the best gift any child could receive. Thank you, Jesus, for giving me a mom who loves You and seeks to honor You with her life. She is building a legacy that will far out live her life here on Earth. Thank you for my mom."
When do you appreciate your mom the most?
Monday, May 4, 2009
Easter Weekend---I still had not replaced my broken camera at this point, but began to feel a little panicky over the fact that Annie is almost a year old and has a total of 10 pictures (this is including snapshots!) since she was born. Being the problem solver that I am :), I called my friend Ileana, and asked her to snap a few pics of the kids before church. Thankfully, she obliged;Easter pics were taken; and my guilt was released! :)
P.S. Let's not talk about the fact that Annie has drool everywhere and Jack can't see because his hair is sooo long...Look beyond that---they really are cute kids :)