I often consider what my dad would say to me if I could talk to him now that he has seen Jesus face to face. Here's what I think he would say tonight:
- HE IS WORTH IT! HE IS WORTH ALL YOU GOT. KEEP ON, Binker (dad's nickname for me).
- You are not expecting big enough. He is so much more than I can attempt to explain in earthly words....Trust me, Holly, you need to dream bigger about what He will do through you and through the Church in your generation.
- I know it is hard work, but Change The World. We (the generations of Christ followers before you) are cheering you guys on. This is YOUR time. Change the world. Bring them to Jesus.
- By the way, we were worshipping around The Throne with you guys today, and that song your worship pastor sang...sick. Just sick. Tell him he's almost good enough to sing up here with us :).
- Tell people who walk away from the Church that they are walking away from God's plan A for your world. There is no Plan B. And if they still choose to walk away, wipe the dust off your feet and move on...don't carry that rejection with you. They're rejecting God's plan, not yours. He is strong enough to carry that burden...YOU are not.
- Remember to serve others...Always. "Jesus came to serve not to be served" (Matt. 20:28). Remember that. Keep serving others.
- KNOW and LOVE HIM. More and more everyday, know and love Him.
- Pray for more hunger, more passion, more fire, more boldness, more faith. You guys have a job (your generation of Christ-Followers) to do and you need to be equipped to do it. Stay on your knees.
- I love you.
And as he walks away, I picture my dad turning back and saying, "Trust me, HE. IS. WORTH. IT. ...See you soon, Bink."