Sunday, October 19, 2008

Making Your Vote Count

My Pastor preached the best message (I think I am supposed to call it a "teaching", but that always seems weird to me, because Pastor Troy is an amazing preacher and it just sounds funny to say he preached the best teaching--isn't that an oxymoron? OR am I just a moron for this reasoning? Chris says that is not an oxymoron that teaching and preaching are not close enough to opposites to be an oxymoron...Does that mean he is calling me a moron?:) Regardless, I am going to stick with my reasoning that is seems weird to say he "preached a teaching" and message it is for me--unless Steph, you happen to read this and tell me otherwise :).

Anyways, sorry for the rambling. Pastor Troy just preached an amazing message about politics: What place the government has in our lives as Christians and what we should look for in our leaders as we make our decision about who to vote for. You can check it out here. You really should make time to listen. Let me know what you think.

I am so grateful that I have a pastor who has the courage to approach the controversial topics that are affecting our society and the integrity to put personal agenda aside and point us straight to the Bible and what God says.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Holly, you are so funny :) Message is perfect...or you could say, "He taught the best teaching"...which kind of sounds weird too :) Anyway, thanks for the kind words about Troy's teaching (or preaching :) I am very proud of the way he handled that subject...it was a great weekend!