Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Happy Dance

There were no needy people among them, because those who owned land or houses would sell them and bring the money to the apostles to give to those in need. Acts 4:34-35

I have to brag on God tonight. We just got home from our first GEARS discipleship class at Hallandale. The class was amazing--Pastor Troy's teaching was exactly what we as a campus needed to hear.

But you know what the coolest part was? It was witnessing this verse in action all night. You see, the discipleship class cost $59 for the supplies, and although many people longed to be a part, they were not able to pay the $59. Our leadership team knew there was going to be a large need, but we were praying and trusting God to show up and meet the need for every single person who desired to do this study. Boy, did God show up. All night, Jeralin, our small groups director, kept running up to me, face flushed, breathless, and arms gesturing away with excitement--explaining that just as soon as she would have someone tell her they couldn't afford the class "boom"--right there, while they were still standing in line, God would send someone to pay for them. We didn't have to tell one person that we would have to get back with them to let them know if we could find someone to sponsor them. They were all covered. Actually, Jeralin said that people were standing in line pooling their money together to help cover those in need. I even saw a lady dancing (for real--she was) as she was leaving tonight. Of course, I had to ask her what that was all about and you know what she told me? She said, "I'm doing the happy dance because God just met my financial need to the very penny. I prayed and He answered!" Not only had someone paid for her class, but then another person gave money to help her family avoid a crisis situation."

Don't you just love the body of Christ? I think I am about to do the Happy dance myself!!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Hi Holly, my name is Amanda Dwiggins and I'm a good friend of Allie Frizzell. Anyways I moved to Charlotte from Indian Trail about 2months ago and I'm kinda in desperate need to find a good church. I loved ours in Indian Trail(First Baptist of IT) but it's just to far now. If you have any ideas I would love to know! Thanks, God Bless

Anonymous said...

God is good, all the time.....I can't stop thinking that, over & over in my head. His ways are so much higher than ours & I'm so glad that he's in control & not me.Such amazing things happening all around us. I'm blessed to be a part of it.

Renee

paige said...

That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is SO cool, Holly! God ALWAYS provides :)
GEARS is going to be an amazing journey (as we saw from Wednesday night) & I don't want anyone to miss out on it!

Faith said...

This brings tears to my eyes! I am amazed by God's goodness. He is so faithful!