Saturday, June 7, 2008

A DAY AT THE RANCH

Here's how things went down today. This morning, Chris and I were about to lose our minds with 2 little ones going stir crazy in the house. Chris gives me the, "I don't care what we do, but we have to get them out of the house NOW" look. "What do you want to do, Babe?" is my response. "I don't know. Lets take them to the pool" he replies. "Sorry, but I already did my hair and I am not doing it again before
church tonight. How about the park?" So
to the park it was :).

First, we go to the same park we thought we always go to, but obviously we have never gone on the weekend, because we were shocked when they told us we had to pay to get in. $8 bucks to slide for 20 min? Um, no thanks. So we left and decided to try another nearby park. When we arrived, we realized some kind of party or something was going on. We decided to check it out, and we could not believe what we had run into. There was country music blasting, pony rides, hay rides, a GREAT bar-b-que lunch, sno cones, face painting, and numerous other activities for the kids---- ALL for FREE. It was great. The kids had a blast, and of course, we played it off like we had this special surprise Family Fun Day planned all week!! Seriously, we still have no idea what we jumped in on, but everyone was super sweet to us and we even met 4-5 people who went to our church that said they knew who we were and they made us fit right in! We think it was some kind of equestrian club party. Regardless, it was a blast; and we are thankful the Lord saved the morning and even made this 9 month pregnant mom look like she's got it together to her boys!! Thank you, Jesus, for the little things you do! :)
Oh, and thanks to the Southwest Ranches Equestrian Club for a great morning!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Babe, I knew what I was doing the whole time; give the man some credit! - Chris

Faith said...

Hahahaha!!! I love that you said "Oh, and thanks to the Southwest Ranches Equestrian Club for a great morning!!"
Glad you guys had a great time!