Here are a few of the things that Chris and I have been able to do so far (nothing to creative...yet):
(We always leave TGR card so hopefully they will check out the website there we know they will be pointed to Jesus.)
- left extra tips for waitresses
- paid for a haircut and tip for someone
- bought someone's coffee
- helped a friend in need who needed childcare
- helped a church member pay the difference she was short on her bills this month
- ran in 2 races on TGR team and had the boys pass out candy canes and say "Merry Christmas" to those at the race.
- gave breakfast to the early birds on Black Friday as they were waiting in line at Target and Best Buy (we were up at 3am...I cannot believe people get up that early to shop!!) We had so much fun. Everyone was shocked that we were feeding them for free. To top it all off, one of the guys in our group had the idea that once the store opened we should go back and clean up the trash everyone left behind as they stood in line waiting for hours. The managers were so thankful and surprised...It was great. Except, for the fact that I stuck my hand in someone's half eaten bowl of soup..I'm not just talking about my fingers either...it was a full covering of the entire hand. Disgusting. Every time I think about it, I wash my hands again or grab some sanitizer. I have gone through 2 bottles of hand sanitizer since then and still feel gross. :)
Tomorrow (hopefully), I am going to post a few suggestions for those of you who feel like money is too tight to join us or who are stressing because you want to be a part, but feel like you have nothing to give.
Until then, remember what Paul said and be encouraged:
1And now, brothers, we want you to know about the grace (the favor and spiritual blessing) that God has given the Macedonian churches. 2Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. 3For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own.
2 Corinthians 8:1-3