Monday, November 10, 2008

My Boys

  1. Did you know both my boys can pee in the same toilet at the same time? The first time I discovered this in action, Max said "Look, Mom, isn't this cool--we're sharing." What do I say to this? Sometimes I have no idea how to mother boys. "Um yeah, Max that is cool. You are being good boys sharing the toilet." I know...lame, but they are pretty proud of this self taught (maybe daddy taught--I'm not sure yet) accomplishment.
  2. A few days ago Max broke something trivial and says to me, "I'm sorry I broke this mom, but we can call Mr. Allldo and ask him to fix it."
    Me (feeling a little defensive that he said Mr. Aldo and not Chris): "We'll just ask daddy to fix it when he gets home from work.
    Max: "I think we should call Mr. Allldo because Bianca says her daddy can fix anything."
    Me: (Feeling really defensive by this point): "Well, Max, your daddy can fix anything too. And next time someone tells you that their dad can fix anything, you're supposed to say, "My daddy can fix anything your daddy can fix.""

    I know....I'm not in kindergarten anymore.
  3. Yesterday while playing with a play pizza set and talking to himself, I overheard Jack occasionally yell, "God" (like he was calling for him). After doing this for a few minutes he storms into my bathroom exasperated and explains to me: "Mom, I keep calling God cuz...cuz He's pizza is weddy and He not comin. He needs a spankin. Go get Him and spank Him.

    You tell me: How do you explain that one to a 2 year old?
  4. Did you know that when mad at each other little boys can just smack each other and be done with it? No prolonged emotional agony....just smack each other and continue on playing together. Why can't girls be a little more like that?
  5. Final thing....See this pic:



My boys are supposed to be in bed. When I went to check on them, I found this bench moved into their doorway. When I questioned what they were doing, Max says, "Mom you can't walk in our gate. You need your sticker to pick us up." (He's referring to the security sticker you have to have at church to pick the kids up...I hate to admit we have learned this lesson the hard way!) :).

Oh, my boys, they make me laugh time and time again.

9 comments:

{darlene} said...

Oh Holly! This made me crack up laughing. My hubby and I were just rolling at the pizza/God/spankin story. That is soooooooooooooo funny.

Faith said...

I love reading this stuff about your precious kids! You are doing a great job with them, Holly. They are so adorable!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Aren't boys the funniest?!? If it weren't for them, the blog world would be a very boring place;-)

paige said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure which one made me the laugh the hardest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Renee said...

Oh Man am I laughing hard & at me age, thats dangerous!!! You are too funny, i see where the boys get it from. I would had NO idea what to do with boys, but you sure hav it down!

Anonymous said...

thats so disgusting that max and jack pee in the same toilet at the same time. we miss you so much. love,susanna
see ya later guys.

Holly said...

susie--thank you so much for commenting! we miss you too and can't wait to see you at Disney in 2 weeks!!!!

The Golf Widow said...

That's too funny! I am one of 4 girls and have 4 daughters,so little boy stuff is something I know nothing about, but from what I hear it's histerical. Sharing a potty...who knew.LOL

Anonymous said...

hey holly chris and max and jack and annie i had so much fun at disney world ill see you in december!