Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Good Work....In Progress

At church tonight a dear friend of mine shared with me that she really "blew it" today as a mom. Boy, can I relate to that. I hate that feeling. As she was sharing her mothering struggles with me, this picture came to mind (I saw this when I was in Nebraska and loved it):




What a comfort it is to know that even when we've "blown it" our God is not giving up on us. He will finish in us what He started....a good work! Just some days are worse than others aren't they? Some days I feel like that "good work in me" is under so much construction that I should wear a sign on my back that states: WARNING: Hard Hats Required. :)

Be encouraged today that God never gives up on you....and you shouldn't give up on you either...you are a good work in progress.

8 comments:

{darlene} said...

Oh, that we would choose to "be confident in this," as the scripture says.

Great post, friend.

Gloria Rodriguez said...

High Five.....boy do we surely need reminding of this.
:o)

Faith said...

Oh boy, did I need to hear this today. Thank you Holly for sharing and for your prayers.

Anonymous said...

Great word, Holly. I think we can ALL relate to this. Thanks for the reminder :)

Anonymous said...

Great Post Babe! Dallas says hi! 43 degrees this morning and I have never been happier that we are now "Sunscorched and Satisfied" in sunny South Florida! Love you - Chris

Liza Delgado DeArmas said...

Holly thank you for sharing this because I do feel like I do wrong as a Mommy many times. Thank you Lord for not giving up on us.

Faith said...

Hey girl, hope you're doing good. I'm missing your blogs =)

Melanie said...

What Faith meant to say is that you're getting to be a slack blogger!:)