Thursday, November 20, 2008

Random thoughts

Sorry for the prolonged absence...I will spare you my excuses, but know that I have plenty :)


  • It is cold in South Florida this week!! I am not kidding we have been wearing hoodies all week...Right before I moved here, I gave away every piece of winter clothes I owned except one maternity hoodie.....I know....call me stupid, but I figured it's MIAMI, surely I won't need winter clothes. If you see me regularly and have been wondering, NO I AM NOT PREGNANT...I'm just cold!
  • I am nervous for Max tonight. He has a thanksgiving program at school tomorrow and he's Squanto. I don't know what he has to do for the program, but the last time he got on stage he looked so miserable it just about broke my heart (I really thought he was going to vomit right there in front of everyone). I hope he does well...he wants so bad to be on stage...but it makes him very nervous. I keep telling him to look for me and just talk like he is talking to me. Chris keeps telling him, "Max, you have to feel the fear and do it anyways." :) Isn't that hard? To let go and watch while you allow your child to wrestle through their fear because you know it will make him stronger?... Makes me want to puke with him.

Here he is at his last program: Doesn't he look pathetic? And trust me, this is the best picture, I deleted the others...it killed me just to look at them.



  • I stink at shopping alone. Since moving down here, I have learned this the hard way. I regret that I have spent many hours trying on hundreds of things in malls only to return home empty handed. It is so frustrating. Well, tonight, I could not take putting on one of my 5 shirts that actually fit again. So, I ran to the mall while Chris stayed home with the kids. This time I was on a mission. I had only one hour and a small budget. I went right to an associate in Express and said, "OK, here's the deal...I have this coupon, this much money, and I usually shop with one of my 3 sisters or mom, but they aren't here....and I need help. Desperate help....and honest feedback." She looked at me like I was crazy, but she obliged and help me put a few cute things together.

4 comments:

Glenia & her Crew said...

lol, Hey thats what she's there for to help us crazy ppl that don't have a clue what to get for others. Even though when we see them we are like oh yeah duh lol its ok love ya girl!

Gloria Rodriguez said...

Poor Max....I'm so proud that he got up there anyway (even if there was a "vomit" bag on standby...LOL). He's so adorable. Girl, you took the words right out of my mouth...been crazy busy. I would have LOVED to see the girls face (mad women on a mission coming through)
:o)

paige said...

quit teasing us! we want to see pictures of the new Express shirts!!!!

Faith said...

I hope Max did okay at his program...poor guy. I can totally relate to his fear.

Sounds like you found some cute things on your shopping trip...I wanna see too!